Assure your patients, your licensing board and – most importantly – yourself that you’re competent. FSBPT offers resources and tools to:
- Stay current in your practice
- Assess, maintain and enhance your competence
- Meet licensure requirements
The world of continuing competence is changing. Consumers assume a license to practice means competence to practice. Leverage resources for managing continuing competence requirements for your licensees. Partner with FSBPT to effectively design, implement and manage your state’s system.Learn More
Course & Activity Providers
List and manage your continuing competence and education activities to help PTs and PTAs find the offerings they need. Submit your activities to ProCert™ to be evaluated for multi-state certification and acceptance.Learn More
Why Continuing Competence?
- Patients have every right to assume that a health care provider's license to practice provides assurance of his or her current professional competence.
- Clinicians themselves want assurance that those with whom they practice possess and use current knowledge and skills, and are fully competent.
The Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy (FSBPT) is committed to maintaining and enhancing its Continuing Competence Initiative consisting of resources, tools and the aPTitude system for use by physical therapy licensing boards, PT & PTA licensees, and providers of continuing education and competence activities.